My Empowerment coaching supports you in developing the skills, courage, and confidence you need in-order to realize your self-worth, manifest positive change, and improve your felt sense of well-being. We draw from evidence-based research in four separate domains;
- The pioneers in the Positive Psychology movement (Martin Seligman, Carol Dweck, Barbara Fredrickson, Angela Duckworth, Roy Baumeister, George Vaillant, and Mihalyi Csikszentmihalyi) to design an individualized and experientially based program that meets your unique needs. Topics include:
- Strengths Awareness and Applications
- Character Strength Development
- Resiliency & GRIT
- Personal Meaning & Engagement
- Happiness Ratio’s and Applications
- Positive Well-Being (PERMA)
- Increases in personal well-being leads to significant changes in our level of confidence, resiliency, adaptability, and productivity. Our intervention strategies are based on the seminal research conducted by Ed Deiner, Carol Ryff, Corey Keyes, Mihalyi Csikszentmihalyi, and Martin Seligman.
- Our approach also focuses on manifesting Seligman’s concept of Well-Being, known by the acronym PERMA (positive emotion, engagement, relationships, meaning, and accomplishment).
- When we couple the above empowerment strategies with Carol Dweck’s research on Growth Mindset, we learn to adopt an attitude of “not yet.” This necessarily changes four things:
How we define failure…
How we define effort…
How we view challenges…
How we respond to setbacks…
- Decades of research on Neuroplasticity, has shown us that we can literally change our brain by strengthening, and integrating, its wiring.
- We then add a mind-body component in combination with the above intervention strategies. This enables a “top-down, bottom-up” approach to our personal empowerment journey. In short, we couple the power of our thoughts with the wisdom of our bodies to positively impact our brain development. It works like magic!